Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Welcome to Second Trimester! Now have some flu!

Yay! It's officially the start of my second trimester! To celebrate...I caught the flu. Type A to be specific. Yup. After feeling coming down with some yucky symptoms last night I decided to just go to the doctor. I was in complete denial that it was flu of course, even though I knew the symptoms were textbook flu. Sure enough my flu swab was positive. Stupid flu shot...thanks for nothing. So doctor ordered me to go home and rest for at least 5 days. I can't go back to work until I've been fever free for at least 24 hours with no tylenol or anything to bring my temp down.

I'm really hoping nobody else catches this gunk. Two kids and a hubby with flu would be the worst! I know the kiddos got their flu shots...but obviously...it wasn't very effective against MY flu! I'm quarantined to my bed and I've taken lysol to every surface I could to try and cut down on my flu germs everywhere.

Flu and pregnancy is not the best combination and it has the potential to be quite dangerous but I'm going to be a good patient and listen to the doctor. I'm trying my best to rest and get over this fast.






No comments:

Post a Comment