Monday, March 2, 2015

15 Weeks-Let's Play Ball!

Well, I'm closing out my 15th week of pregnancy! Baby is about the size of a navel orange, or if you'd prefer a non-food comparison: a baseball. Little one is growing rapidly now. I've been feeling more and more little movements. They are still a little hard for me to detect but I know them when I feel them. I love feeling the movements of that little life I'm protecting. My favorite part of second trimester is definitely feeling those first kicks and punches.

I'm still fighting off this flu. This particular bug is a viscous one. I'm still fighting off this terrible cough which gives me the worst headache. It's also caused the blood vessels in my eyes to rupture, leaving me looking like I should be walking on the set of some horror movie with bright red bloody patches on the whites of my eyes. I've most likely developed a secondary bronchitis infection (Yay!) and should probably have a doctor look at it but I'm procrastinating it. The downfall to being a nurse is I feel like I just go pay a doctor to look at me and tell me that I am indeed right and what I'm doing is the exact treatment they'd prescribe. They should be paying me. 

I may be miserable and  possibly probably dying but baby is doing great at least. I check on his or her heartbeat all the time. I'm so thankful I bought that doppler, best baby purchase ever! It gives me so much relief when I hear that little clip clop gallop. Of course it's no guarantee everything is ok but it's a pretty decent indicator. I'm still down several pounds. At my very first appointment I weighed 178lbs *shudder* and this morning I am a shockingly light 163lbs. Sadly enough that's actually less than what I weighed before getting pregnant with Roxas. Between the flu and the morning sickness I have had a pretty hard time eating enough. Thankfully my body has lots of extra fat it can tap into. Perks of being fluffy.

We are still planning on staying "Team Yellow" as in we still aren't finding out the gender of the baby until delivery day. That's not to say I'm totally at peace with it. There are many, many, MANY, moments where I am so frustrated that I can't know. I'm a little bit obsessive and I like to plan. I had both kids nurseries set up by now so not having anything set up is driving me a little bit insane. Plus I pretty much hate all gender neutral baby items. For some reason gender neutral is synonymous with jungle animals. Most jungle animals I'm ok with but it's the monkeys I really don't like. I don't know where my distaste of monkeys comes from. I just really don't like them. They steal your stuff, they fling poo at you and they bite...I just don't like em!
I also love to crochet and knit but it's a little hard not knowing whether to knit pink or blue, mickey or minnie, frilly or classy...you get the idea. I'm still a fan of the novelty though and I think I would be silly not to take advantage of our perfect situation for not knowing. After all I will never know which is better until I do both right? I have finally found a theme I think I like and it will be some variation of jungle animals: Dumbo and/or Lion king. I'm loving the Disney Baby Dumbo set as well as the Lion King set. Both are quite gender neutral with the ability to accessorize either boy or girl.

I'm also very decided that I will not be meeting with any pitocin this time (barring any serious medical issue of course!). I know, I know...I said the same thing twice before and I practically pounced on the opportunity for induction. This time I have a plan! I'm insisting Kenny accompany me to all OB appointments in the last month so that when the Doc eventually offers up the pitocin...he can smack me and tell me no. It seems my willpower starts crumbling right around 39 weeks or so and I'll almost agree to anything. Fight a lion and I'll go into labor? SURE! Climb Mt. Everest and I'll go into labor? Absolutely! Really, I'll agree to anything. So my new plan is to use somebody else willpower! Somebody else who isn't being influenced by a flood of hormones which make them notoriously unstable. I am hoping it works. I'd really, really, really, like to go through spontaneous labor for once. After March we will be halfway through the pregnancy already. It seems like it's just going so fast! It's finally sinking in that it's real, we are really going to have a newborn, a three year old and a two year old all at the same time. Then I wish I could drink a really nice glass of wine because that idea makes me wonder where I left my sanity.

This month is so full of fun stuff I can hardly contain myself. Roxas turns 3 (Say whaaaaaaa?) I turn 25 (woo) and we are finally taking our first family trip to Disneyland (WOOOO!) So much fun to come and I can't wait. Now I just need to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment