Friday, March 27, 2015

19 Weeks! Happy Birthday to Me!

I can't believe it is week 19 already! The little one is half a foot long and weighs half a pound already. Today is also special since it is my birthday! This is probably the first birthday in a long time I've been excited to celebrate. I guess it's a little special since I am now halfway through my twenties. It's all downhill towards 30 now ;-)

Despite our hopes to take our first family trip to Disneyland this month we have had to postpone the trip until next year sometime. Things just didn't work out between work and we decided it was probably better to pay off some debt than go on a big trip. Being an adult sucks sometimes. We are still going to celebrate my birthday with a small trip to Vegas to see one of our favorite comedians perform and go to one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas: Gordon Ramsay. Grandma and grandpa are taking the kiddos for the night so we will finally get a little time to ourselves. Between all this being sick and working we haven't been able to go on a date in about two months!

Speaking of being sick, we are all FINALLY better! I'm still trying to shake a little bit of a cough but it's gone for the most part. The kids are finally back to their normal insanity and all it right in the world again. I am so glad to be over that and I never want to go through it ever again!

The little one is doing great and I've finally started to get some bigger popcorn like kicks but they are still very small and not super noticeable. I can't wait for Roxas and Lucy to be able to feel them. I bet they will think it's pretty darn cool. Roxas told me today my belly was too big, and I asked him why mommy's belly was so big and he informed be "mommy has a baby in her tummy!". I really like having an older kiddo who can somewhat grasp what's going on but I don't think he will really, truly, get it until the baby is here.

We will have our anatomy scan in two weeks, when we will be HALFWAY done already!!! I can't believe it. I'm excited to see the little squish looking more baby like and less like a furry jellybean. I still argue with myself over wanting to know and not wanting to know. Part of me hopes the doctor will slip and accidentally show the gender. The other half of me still gets excited to think about being surprised when the baby arrives. It's a pretty even split right now. I'm still frustrated not knowing but I like the novelty a lot too.

I have some packing to do and kids to feed so that's all for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment